Tuesday 17 December 2019

SLJ Week one/Day one Activities

Hey Bloggers,
This is the second activity for day one of  the SLJ.

Activity 2 :  Discovering Aotearoa
People think that Kupe was the first to discover Aotearoa, New Zealand.  His cultural background is Polynesian. Then many years later a explore from dutch crossed the pacific ocean to come here. His name was Abel Tasman, He thought he discovered New Zealand even though there were Maori people still living there. His cultural background is Europe. They both come from different cultural backgrounds, they shared a lot of the same information. For this activity we have to explain our own cultural backgrounds. Here is my explanation! 

I come from India and Fiji, In India I come from Dubai and in Fiji I come Suva. My dad is from Fiji and my mum is from India. I call myself Findian, get it Fijian and Indian! The weird thing is I was actually born here in Auckland, New Zealand. So I'm from New Zealand, India and Fiji. That's my cultural background! 

Stay tuned for the next activity on my blog! 
Blog ya later! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Aahana! Brooklyn here!
    I really like how you were being really specific about your work! Maybe next time you could tell us about what your family is interested in. If you would like to visit my blog it is wpsbrooklynl.blogspot.com. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooklyn, Thanks for commenting on mt blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aahana! Grace your Friend!
    I really like how you added information about Discovering Aotearoa.
    Maybe next time you could tell us more about what different plants that are in Aotearoa.
    If you want to see my blog here is the link.http://wpsgraceh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  4. Namaste Aahana :)

    Thank you for doing week one, day one, activity two. It was really cool to read where your family is from. I visited India a couple of years and it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had in my life. I would love to go back and visit India, as well as go to Fiji - I have heard it is super beautiful there. Have you visited India or Fiji before?

    I would love to know what is important or special to you and your family, and what language(s) you speak?

    I am Pākehā but my dad’s family comes from England and my Mum’s family comes from Scotland and Canada, which is pretty cool because it means I can go and live in all of these countries if I want to! My family is quite small and live in many different places, but I have a lot of friends and family friends who are like family to me. The most important thing about my family is that we are really open and honest and have great communication, my parents are also really loving towards me :)

    I only speak English but I would love to learn Te Reo Maori and Spanish.

    Thanks for posting! I look forward to reading more of your posts over the summer :)
    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.