Monday 16 December 2019

SLJ Week One/ Day One Activities!

Hey Bloggers,
Today the 16th of December the Summer Learning Journey will start! and that's today.

Day 1 : Explorers

Activity 1: Setting Sail
In 2013 a man called Nainoa Thompson gathered a group of adventurous people to set sail on two canoes. They were told to go across the Pacific Ocean, and they did. They stopped here in New Zealand and visited Manaiakalani schools in Auckland. The activity is to pack your own food because back in those days you had to pack your own food! and they obviously wouldn't survive without food. Here's my food list...

  1. Dehydrated fruit slices 
  2. White Rice
  3. Sugar 
  4. Canned Foods 
  5. Powered Milk 
  6. Dried Herbs and Spices 
  7. Canned Foods 
  8. Dehydrated Vegetables
  9. A LOT OF WATER
  10. And just for fun I would take Shapes!
Related image
These are dehydrated fruits and vegs.

Image result for dried herbs and spices
These are Dried Herbs and Spices 
 



My next activity for day 1 is coming very soon! 
Blog ya later...

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Aahana, I hope you are having a groovy day!

    My name is Eliza and I’m working as a blog commenter on the Summer Learning Journey this summer. Have you done the Summer Learning Journey before? I’m looking forward to reading your posts and the other bloggers' posts from the Ako Hiko cluster, over the next few weeks! If you want to know more about me, you can check out my blog.

    Thank you so much for making your first Summer Learning Journey post! I really like how you’ve used writing as well as images, it is more effective and eye-catching that way :) I think the items you’ve listed are fantastic ideas too as they would definitely last 3 weeks without a fridge or freezer and water is very practical as we need it to stay hydrated! Shapes are of course always a great idea! Yum.

    What are your top two favourite meals? Mine are nachos and roast chicken! Have you ever spent time in a canoe or kayak?

    Well done making a brilliant blog post, I hope that you will keep blogging with us over the summer. Have a good afternoon!

    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aahana, it's Eliza again.

    Next time you use images from the internet, make sure you attribute the image - this just means copy the link from where you found the image and put it next to the image on the post, so we can see exactly where you found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aahana, it's Rael.
    You did a great blogpost. You told me what the activity is and explained it really well. It's really interesting how you chose those foods for the trip. Well done. One little tip: Maybe you could try explain why you chose those foods. Anyway, overall your blogpost was fantastic. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aahana My name is Maryam you should no me because I'm you best friend. I loved the blog post but why did you choose sugar maybe you could explay that. But over all a great blog post keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.