Tuesday 18 December 2018

SLJ Week one - Day one

Week one 
Hello Bloggers of the world today is the first day of the SLJ-Summer learning Journey. Today's Activity is  called in the beginning,There is a link to a website and we have to see three fun facts about New Zealand but write it in your own words.So heres my three fun facts.

Activity one-The Legend  of new Zealand


    1. Aotearoa is the Maori name for New Zealand,Aotearoa also means The long White cloud.

That's the only one a could think of sorry Now i am going to go on to the next activity.


Activity 2- North and south 

What I am going to do is describe the place I live in.I live in Mangere.I think Mangere is a great place to live in because in my street there is a massive field.I can smell fresh air and fresh grass on the field.I see people walking and running,The other part I like about Mangere is all the people all the people are so nice and caring.I see people looking after each other and people helping each other.


Activity 3-ice ice baby-Bonus 

This activity you have to tell everyone what to not post on your blog to keep yourself safe.Here is a digitally footprint.Here's the link


And that's all of the Activity's for today see you in my next blog post.Byeeee !





  



1 comment:

  1. Talofa Aahana,

    Cia here from the Summer Learning Journey Ako Hiko team.

    Well done on making a start to the Summer Learning Journey at the end of a busy year :)

    Activity 1:
    You have paraphrased (written in your own words) that first fact you included in your post. Just a friendly reminder, the task is asking you to choose three facts from the linked website to paraphrase. Please edit your post to include two more in order to receive full points for this activity. I know you can do it! :)

    One of my favourite things about Aotearoa is the fact that our country was the first to give women the right to vote. We are a small but very strong nation. Some countries still struggle with equal rights for men and women.

    Activity 2:
    I love how you have passionately described your home Mangere, it is indeed a very beautiful, vibrant and caring community. Mangere was like a second home to me because lots of my family lived there and we'd always get together and have massive feasts and fun at our family fonos (meetings).

    Your commute (travel to and from school) must be a little long since you live in Mangere, you must really love your school!

    Perhaps next time you could include a specific place people could visit when they are in Mangere. My favourite place to visit is the Mangere Arts Center, I like to see the art exhibitions they have showing. What's your favourite place to go? Let me know in the comment section below.


    Activity 3:
    I can tell you have thought carefully about what a digital footprint is and how we can be smarter online. You made a very good point about being careful about what we share online. What other personal information should not be shared online?

    Perhaps next time you could include some advice for people who may have had their personal information shared online. If it happened to a friend, what should they do first? Who might they need to talk to straight away?

    This reminds me of when I am with friends or family, we like to take lots of funny face photos of ourselves, but we’re pretty careful about setting them to private if we upload them. I believe it's very important to know about and understand privacy settings especially if you like to share with family and friends online.

    You’ve made a good start to the Summer Learning Journey Aahana. Remember to edit your post to include two more facts so that I may reward you with full points for the first activity. You got this!

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.